The educational tools have been designed and developed to meet the following requirements:
- Be developed to reach their full potential in school education and in life long learning
- Inform, attract and, simultaneously, train the visitors of each age
- Contribute in the scientific organisation (via the collection, coding and documentation) the available information with regard to Tsakonia (history, environment, culture, economic activities)
- Co-operate with the permanent exhibition of Fabbrica
- Contribute in the appointment of the particular environmental and cultural identity of wider region of South-eastern Peloponnese, and at the same time contribute in the growth of region via the business dexterity and the innovation
The digital repository includes collections of digital material, which has organised according to collections that are exposed in Fabbrica. The collections, apart from a digital report offering to all users the possibility of searching and surfing, are educational tools, since the digital evidences will be used as educational resources.
The users are able to surf, seek and share their opinions with regard to the collections, and develop the digital evidences to online educational activities. The system has been developed in order to provide the possibility of safeguarding of digital content that has already digitised or will be digitised in the future, without worning out the digital content.
The digital repository of Fabbrica will have the for future linking with international digital repositories, as e.g. Europeana and academic digital repositories in all Europe, aiming at the distribution of culture and the history of Tsakonia via the Internet.